Saturday, 19 September 2026

I Was Inspired

After stitching the blue, sashiko biscornu, I was motivated to find other patterns to stitch. I happened upon this kit on Etsy and thought it would be cool to stitch and attempted to chart it myself.

I tried chart it with straight lines  It worked for the horizontals but not the diagonals on this counted fabric.The pattern in the photo above was just printed onto the woven fabric and stitched. Flouting customary sashiko straight lines, I made the pattern more or less fit the counted scrap of 14ct navy blue Aida in my stash.

The actual stitching was much faster than the charting and counting. The strip of fabric I had only accommodated 48 stitches. While I was finishing stitching this, I thought I'd stitch the same pattern on white Aida on the other side.

Back into my stash I'll go.

Scooter came out for a visit from The Big City yesterday. He updated his departure to Japan from next month to next week. Eeek! I showed him the array of little bears I had on hand and asked if he wanted to take one. He picked Roscoe because he had a red sweater - like the Canadian flag. I told him he was welcome to change the name. I know he'll be glad to have a 'little buddy' while so far from home.
He plans to come for a final visit early next week. I was surprised at how emotional I became after dropping him off at the GO station. When he left for university, Skip and I knew he was just a couple of hours away. This feels so much different. It's almost like another piece of Skip is going away. I'll be OK - I'll just miss Scooter. It was so nice having him here for a couple of months this spring and again when he stayed for an extra week after housesitting for me when I was at music camp. 

On a happier note, my hibiscus plant is blooming again. I'll bring it back inside when the weather gets cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment