Sunday 25 November 2007

Ollie

We have a wonderful cat, Ollie, who is 8 1/2 years old. He is very affectionate and at times, demanding - particularly around feeding time. Ollie spends a lot of time sleeping in particular spots around the house. This is his favourite daytime sleeping spot:



in the crack of the sofa.














He also likes to sleep on the carpeted landing of our house so he can keep an eye on what is going on:













When we go away, the neighbour comes in and feeds him. However, the last couple of times we've been away for a week, Ollie has gotten kind of stressed out and we've discovered that he gnaws the fur off the backs of his front legs. Skip and I are going away for about a month in the spring. I've been trying to find someone who would look after him in their home the entire time we're away. I've asked practically everyone I've run into. Today at my mother-in-law's 90th birthday festivities, I asked Skip's niece, Michelle, if she would like to be a foster parent for Ollie and she said yes!!!! Yay!!! I'm so relieved. I sure hope he behaves himself at her house.

1 comment:

  1. How nice that Ollie will also get to have a holiday while you are on yours!

    ReplyDelete