Saturday 7 March 2009

KnitPicking

I finished the Maikell scarf yesterday. I'm pleased with it and know it will look great once it's blocked.

















I cast on another Lily of the Valley scarf in KnitPicks Gloss Lace in Mango. I thought it would be a bit pinker but it actually looks more like the colour of a creamsicle. I added an extra stitch to each side's border and when I block it will pull points on the edges.

















I decided to order all the different kinds of laceweight yarn in various colours from KnitPicks.

The Gloss Lace yarn colours are:

Chipotle - it's more of a cinnamon colour than the picture shows

Cypress and

Port




The Shimmer yarn colour is Turquoise Splendor.

It is 70% baby alpaca and 30% silk.













The Alpaca Cloud (100% baby alpaca) colours are:

Raspberry (which is more purple than the photo shows)

and Bermuda.










I ordered 2 skeins of the Bermuda to do a scarf with a lace border which is knit separately and attached later.

I love, love, LOVE Nancy Bush's "Knitted Lace of Estonia" book.

I sure am going to have a lot of blocking to do when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment