Thursday 30 July 2009

Podcasts

I received a 30GB iPod from my colleagues as a retirement gift in June of 2007. Currently I have about 2500 tunes on it. I have also discovered podcasts and more particularly, knitting podcasts, and enjoy listening to them lying in bed as I fall asleep. When I was single, I used to read in bed before going to sleep, but the light bother's Skip's eyes so listening to podcasts is a great compromise.

Some of my favourite ones are:
Knit Picks' Podcast - Kelley Petkun of KnitPicks
Sticks & String Podcast - David Reidy, an Australian bloke who knits
She-Knits Small Talk Podcast - Sharon Dreifuss is a knitting designer and mother of 7 children - newer format
She-Knits Podcast: The Knitting Circle - old format
Ready Set Knit - podcast by Cathy and Steve Elkins, owners of WEBS in Southampton, MA
Lets knit2gether - a video podcast
Others:
Stitch Stud and His Bride
Yarn Thing (Crochet and Knitting)
Knitting News Cast
Stitch It!! Podcast

They're all free on iTunes and can be subscribed to so that when a new one comes out, it will automatically be downloaded into your iTunes. Past 'issues' are also archived and can be downloaded as well.

I blocked the Branching Out Numéro Deux and really liked how it came out.
The yarn is so soft and very drape-y.
















I only used one skein of Drops Alpaca yarn - 197 yards - and used 5mm needles. I wanted the lace to be very open. This pattern is so versatile and can be used with laceweight through to worsted weight yarn. Even changing the needle size will change the look of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment