Sunday 1 May 2011

Annis

Annis is blocked. It's smaller than I expected at 50" x 12" - smaller even than the specs in the pattern which were 56" x 16". I suspect it was due to the thinness of the yarn and the tight bind-off.
Some folks on Ravelry did a stretchier bind-off but I think the tight bind-off was definitely intended by the designer to ensure the curve in the top of the shawl.
If I were to knit this again, I'd use slightly thicker yarn and substitute nice beads for the nupps - just for something different.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Geri! I luv red colours.
    I have about 450 yards of my Bond/Tussah handspun ( I have joined a PAL on Ravelry) and I think it should be enough to make an Annis shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! This is already in my queueueueueueueue....now when to knit it? ARGH! I have startitis!

    ReplyDelete