Saturday 22 December 2012

Provence Baby Cardigan and TEG

I've had this cardigan finished for a couple of weeks, immediately bought the buttons and then misplaced them. So back to the store to find even cuter, flower buttons. I mirrored the lace panels. It was easy to sew up and lots of fun to make.


I also designed the hat based on the lace pattern on the front of the cardi.

I winged it on the decreases for the crown and kitchenered the last 8 stitches to close the top. I'm pretty happy with it.
The Nana-to-be cried when she saw them. I'm glad they were a hit.
At my embroidery guild (Trillium Embroidery Guild - TEG) last week, we had our usual pot luck snacks and desserts. Traditionally we hold the ornament exchange which involves either taking a wrapped ornament from the table or stealing one from someone who already picked one. I had one ready to go but I couldn't part with it and instead, put it on my own tree. I need to plan better for next year.
There were only 6 participants this year but the ornaments were lovely. I always like seeing how they were framed or finished.

This one used variegated floss and teeny tiny beads.
French knots were the basis for this one wrought by Jeanette that only measured about 1 1/2" x 2 1/2". I should have used a white background to make it show better.
Diana used the finishing technique we learned last month for this punch needle piece.
I like the simplicity of the finishing of this one and the candy cane charm.
Our guru, Carol, created this one.
The rippled silk ribbon and beads were a lovely way to finish this Shepherd's Bush alphabet sampler ornament.
Here are the ones from last year and 2009.

For my holiday stitching, I'm going to go through my JCS Christmas magazines, copy the ones I want to do and make up little kits for myself. That way I can just 'grab and go'.      

No comments:

Post a Comment