Wednesday 29 April 2015

Another Pair of Afterthought Heel Socks

I finished the heel of these socks yesterday on the GO train on the way home from HotDocs.
We took advantage of the same day free tickets for seniors and saw the behind the scenes documentary about the Monty Python performance - their first together in 35 years. In the afternoon, we watched "Listen to Me Marlon", a documentary recounting the life of Marlon Brando through his private audiotapes.

Back to the socks...

They started out as humble tube socks. They were very quick to knit.
I used the one sock as the template for the other.
On this pair, I continued the ribbing down the front/instep.
It took a bit of fiddling to get the toes just right.

 The heels took some adjusting as well.
I am somewhat of a yarn snob, but I admit I rather like this line of Kroy sock yarn. They wear like iron and the colourways are interesting and fun to knit.
I may give them to someone who is knitworthy that has narrow feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment