Friday 27 November 2015

Red Scarf Update

Alexa handed in our red scarves last week. Evidently, the committee was 'blown away' with the number of scarves donated - over 400 in all - for the December 1 event.

I snapped this photo of the contributions of Donna, Alexa, Jan Neville, and me just before they were dropped off.
I've been happily knitting away on my Shalor cardigan only to notice I haven't been doing the wrong side knit stitches correctly. I've been knitting them through the back as the ones on the front are done. On closer reading of the pattern, I noted last night that the wrong side knits are not supposed to be knit through the back. I attempted to correct this by undoing the offending column of stitches and laddering them back up with a crochet hook but they just didn't look right so I'm going to have to rip it back to the ribbing and do it right. Sigh.

I guess, since I've had the yarn for over 2 years, another week or so of re-knitting won't matter. I don't have a deadline for this cardigan.

Customarily, I knit one sweater a year. This year, I haven't completed an adult sweater but I did knit 4 baby sweaters earlier in the year so that's going to be it for 2015.

Yesterday, my stitcherly/crafty friend, Marilyn was over and spotted the checked scarf I had woven and said, "May I have it?". Without missing a beat, I said "Sure! It's yours". She's pleased to have it and I'm very happy to have it go to someone who will appreciate it. If I want or need another one, I now possess the skills to whip one up in a matter of a couple of hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment