Friday 8 March 2019

More Needle Minders

At Laura's the other day, she showed me the cute needle minder she made and informed me that I could buy the magnets at Princess Auto. On my way home, I picked some up as well as 1/4" washers. The washers are a little bigger than I wanted but I'm thinking I'll glue buttons onto them to make them look more aesthetically pleasing. I also picked up more button blanks in two sizes on the way home.

Once home, I grabbed some more bits of fabric to make more of my own needle minders.
This fabric was from an old printed panel.
I had a heck of a time getting the back piece into the button blank for this Snoopy and Woodstock one, and had to use pliers. Consequently the dome of the button got a little flattened out. It's still very cute, though.
Here's the back with the washer. Don't you think a button would make it look a little less industrial?
I hate paying full price for stuff so I'm going to have to wait for a notions sale at Fabricland to buy more button blanks. Of course, there's also JoAnn's in the US that I'll be visiting for a couple of days very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment