Saturday 11 May 2019

Teabag Caddy

Last night I was in the mood to sew something small. I've had the pattern for this teabag/card caddy for quite a while and was reminded of it when we went to Georgetown on our road trip a couple of weeks ago.

I raided my stash for fabric. Basically it's a 9 1/2" x 12 1/2" rectangle (including seam allowances) which is sewn with the right sides together then turned right side out. Then the two ends are folded up 2" and sewn down. I added the hair elastic which I would hook onto a button on the outside.

The dollar store has several colours and thicknesses to choose from. I selected the one with many different colours for my sewing stash.
All sewn together.
It was a pretty quick project - perfect for tucking in your favourite kind of tea when you're on the go.





It could also be used as a business or credit card holder.

I got most of my fat quarters into the Gnedby shelf. There's still room for some half yard/metre cuts.
I am going to have to anchor it to the wall, though as it's starting to want to tip forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment