Monday 7 October 2019

Feeling Better

I caught a cold last week and spent most of Friday to yesterday (Sunday) either in bed or napping on the sofa.

I had to miss stitching this morning so I could sleep in and didn't want to spread my germs. I have my spinning and weaving guild meeting on Wednesday and a stitching day chez moi on Thursday.

While I was clearing off the dining room table aka, my sewing area aka Geri's Sweat Shop, I found the sheepy pincushion that I needed to finish up. I had already stitched the heart on the square and attached the button with some matching red thread. I just needed to sew 1/4" seam around the two pieces of wool leaving a gap for stuffing it with fibrefill and crushed walnut shells - all of which came with the little kit. I got all the sewing and stuffing done and just needed to do the buttonhole stitching around the edge and got that done during the Federal Leader's Debate this evening.
It's simply two squares of wool fabric. The back is plain.
Thank you again, Marilyn for giving me the little kit.
I finally bought the frame for Cinnamon Stars. The stitched piece measured 5 3/4" x 9 1/2" - not quite right for an 8 x 10 frame. Then I realized there were frames for 8 1/2" x 11" documents. I saw this one at the $1.25 store and it came with a mat. The actual frame was 11 x 14 with with the 8 1/2 x 11 mat. I'm happy with the proportions. I struggled with signing it and finally gave up so will put a sticker on the back of the frame with the particulars.
I put batting on foamcore that fit the frame and pinned the stitching into the edges. I also used two-sided tape on the back of the foamcore to anchor the loose edges. I'm glad I had a 3" margin all around because I needed every bit when using the mat.

I love the little pumpkin button I used.
Kim at Kimat designs had many shapes and sizes to choose from. This was it before I sewed it on.
I should have waited 'til daytime to take these pics but I couldn't wait. I'm happy to have another finish (FFO).



No comments:

Post a Comment