Saturday 10 July 2021

Just a Bit of Backstitching

I'm almost finished the Starburst Flag of Canada project.

I picked out the white backstitching that I had done with two threads and redid them with one. I just need to stitch the corresponding part on the centre right side of the maple leaf and check for anything I've missed. Then to figure out how I will FFO this. 

I had to stitch a lot of the white areas outdoors in order to see the difference between Blanc and B5200. Indoors, it was not so easy the discern the two colours.

I'm working on the Halloween piece Teresa sent me. It is quite small - about 5.5" square-ish. She sent me a big piece of hand-dyed fabric so I started 2" in from a corner. There will be plenty of fabric left for another project. I was excited to see the sketch of it on her recent FlossTube channel.

It's 40ct, which I'm used to stitching, but for some reason I need to use my 3.0 MagniClips with my 3.0 reading glasses go easily see the threads. Now that I think of it, I will try using a 28 needle and see if it works better than a 26.

I have abandoned the Christmas in July idea until I get Teresa's model done. Once I'm done, I may borrow some days in August to do another ornament or two.

After a few days of badly needed rain, it is a gorgeous day out. Skip is happily working away in the garden. He's 98% healed from his horrendous surgery 2 months ago. With both of us being fully vaccinated and our COVID numbers so low, we are excitedly planning little excursions. Next Friday Ontario restaurants are permitted to open again so we're planning to go for breakfast at our favourite local spot - Captain George's on the NE corner of Dundas St E and Kendalwood in Whitby ON. Pre-COVID we enjoyed breakfast there about once a week - so often that Sayida, the server, knew our order. We're hoping she'll still be there but I'm not very optimistic. We do plan to go at about 9 - after the morning rush, to minimize contact with other folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment