Thursday 17 August 2023

French General Project Bag

I made this project bag three months ago.  It is my currently favourite, checkerboard pattern created by cutting 5" charm squares into 2 1/2" quarters. The fabric is La Grande Soirée by French General.


Then totally by chance I had this wee Blackbird Designs pattern - Le Poulet - whose colours perfectly went with the project bag's colours. The finished pincushion measured about 4.5" square.
However, when I sewed the back on, it wasn't centred. Rats! 
Oh well, I have enough charm squares to make another bag and this can go with it. I'll just have to make another one.

Jen1 had given me some 45ct Jersey Cream linen for my birthday so I thought I'd use it for another pincushion. Its finished size was about 3" square.

In order not to screw up centering, I just took one of the charm squares and quilted it onto a piece of batting, then made sure to centre it carefully onto the stitching.
I'm pretty happy how it turned out. 

The recipient was pretty happy with it as she needed a project bag for one of her classes at the upcoming Embroidery Guild of America National Seminar in Boston at the beginning of September.

1 comment: