Wednesday 15 May 2024

Triangular Scissor Case

I finished stitching the Wildflower Hearts design with the Sulky Petites thread. Because I used smaller count fabric, it was proportionately smaller than others I had stitched. I decided to add a border of Algerian eyelets outside of the diagonal satin stitch border.

I had hoped some of the blue and white printed fabrics would work for the lining but the whites didn't go with the colour of the white linen. I found a fabric from my stash that would work for the lining. The whites matched and there is a very faint floral pattern.

In my enthusiasm to finish this project, I didn't get any shots before I assembled the scissor case. Here it is finished:

I blinged it up a bit with some 2mm 'jewels'.
The floral print on the lining is barely perceptible. OMG! I didn't finish the eyelets! Will get right on that - should be fairly easy to stitch them from the right side.
The cording is 8 strands of sulky. The closure is a pearl bead. 

It feels good to get another project completed. Many, many more to go.

A few minutes later...

Fixed!


No comments:

Post a Comment