I spent quite a bit of time procrastinating about getting stuff done today. I knew I had an errand to run but couldn't remember what it was. I figured I'd remember at some point today or tomorrow.
Instead, I sent a newsy email to some longtime friends. Just before I was going to send it, I remembered the errand I wanted to run - buy cranberries and white chocolate chips to make treats. I headed to the store and got the supplies.
Back at home, the drizzle had stopped. I've wanted to tear down some more foliage from the garden and was waiting until after some rain. Plants and weeds pull out so much easier after the soil has been soaked. I filled three yard waste bags with most of the stuff I cut back beside the deck and along the east fence. I did some huffing, puffing, and sweating but I got that much done. More to follow.
Back inside, I got an email from our band president, Cathy, that someone wanted to donate a clarinet to the band. Cathy thought of me, knowing I'd been using the clarinet I borrowed from Duncan. I contacted the donor and as a result of a few introductory and informative emails, I will be the new custodian of this man's father's professional model clarinet. We're just working out how to get it to me.
Which reminds me, I need to contact the oboe repairer and see what the status is of my oboe and its sticky key. It's either going to just need a cleaning and oiling $$$ or a complete overhaul $$$$! I must call him tomorrow.
Last night, I finished the last 'lanterns' and finished sewing them onto the blanket. It measures 35" x 53" before blocking and without the top and bottom borders.
I only have 5 half lanterns to make and attach to the bottom. Then decide what border I'll make.
I'm not sure how I'll block it. Being acrylic, it won't be like blocking wool. I will try a warm iron and damp pressing cloth to see if it will smooth things out a bit. Must do more investigating on how to do this.
I did a bit more on the spring Seasonal Courier yesterday. I'll do more on it at our stitch day on Saturday.
I also have a hankering to start this project, 'Merry Christmas' from Hobby House Press.

No comments:
Post a Comment