Thursday 31 May 2007

Beautiful Weather

We have been enjoying very nice weather these past few days. Dare I say, a little rain at night would be a good thing? Just as long as it's dry by the morning.

Last night I attended a music night at a local high school and almost finished the ribbing on my Sockotta sock. When I got home, I continued working on the bathmat which is coming along very nicely now. It makes me happy, knitting with such sunny yellow cotton yarn. My first test piece in the 'garterlac' pattern was a dishcloth. A Bernat Handcrafters yarn that was pink, white and brown. The entire time I was knitting it, I was reminded of Neopolitan ice cream.

I have a sweater to finish for a colleague's daughter. My colleague's mother-in-law started it but about halfway through was diagnosed with cancer and subsequently died, leaving the sweater unfinished. My colleague asked me if I would finish it. Unfortunately, I knit with a much tighter tension so had to re-knit it. I don't like the yarn (acrylic) nor the pattern (from the ball band) but it makes me feel good knowing a little girl will get a sweater that her loving grandma wanted to knit for her.

This weekend my husband and I are going to "Not the Messiah (he's a very naughty boy)" - the musical version of "Monty Python's Life of Brian". Tomorrow is the world premiere at Roy Thomson Hall in downtown Toronto and it will run June 1, 2 and 4. Eric Idle has collaborated with Peter Oundjian, who is his first cousin and conductor of the Toronto Symphony, on this project. There will be 105 musicians on stage for this comic 'oratorio'.

No comments:

Post a Comment