Sunday 27 May 2007

Knitting in the Dark


Today my husband, step-son (age 13) and I went to see "Shrek the Third" I took the toe-up sock I'm knitting and got about 4 cm (1.5") done on the foot in the dark. Every time I do a new pair of socks I try to do or learn something different. These are my first 'toe-up' socks. I also recently learned how to knit on 1 long circular needle (Magic Loop method). I'm using Sockotta cotton/wool/nylon yarn Color 5 which I bought last weekend on a foray to Erie, PA for our Victoria Day weekend.

I'm also knitting a bathmat using a modified 'garterlac' pattern. I'm using sunny yellow cotton yarn and am doing 4 16-stitch squares rather than the 3 8-stitch squares. It's a 1 lb. skein so will be doing most of the knitting at home and saving socks for knitting away from home.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Geri! I'm first to respond on your blog! (Shows you how exciting my weekend has been if I'm getting excited about that ... ! LOL)

    What are 'toe up' socks? (I think that's what you called it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A toe-up sock is one that is knit from the toe up to the cuff, rather than the cuff to the toe.

    Thanks for responding!

    ReplyDelete