Friday 31 August 2007

A New Yarn Store (for me)

Today I woke up very sore from my workout yesterday. I decided to skip weight-lifting for today but was too late to go to the Yoga class. I goofed off on the computer for a while instead.

Skip and Scooter called me after their golf game to go for lunch so I met them shortly thereafter. After lunch they went home and I headed to "Never Enough Wool" - a yarn shop in Port Perry. They had some very nice yarn including quite a selection of sock yarn. There wasn't anything 'to die for' though but I now know what they have. I then stopped into Ferguson's Wool shop in Myrtle Station. What a gold mine! Paula was very helpful and showed me lots of different yarn and projects. I bought a skein of Drops Alpaca yarn in a yummy tweedy purple shade:

I think I'll knit a pair of either cabled or ribbed fingerless gloves or wristlets. I've spent most of the evening surfing the 'net for patterns. I may design my own pattern incorporating ribs and cables.

I'm about half done the foot of the monkey socks:






And here's a closeup:


Paula hadn't ever knit using two circulars or using the 'magic loop' method. Next time I go, I'll take my knitting and show her. She knits very loosely continental style on dpns. I may drop in some Saturday to 'sit and knit'.

Tomorrow we're either going to the Ukrainian Festival at Harbourfront or to Mel Lastman Square for the Hispanic Fiesta.

No comments:

Post a Comment