Thursday 16 August 2007

"Take Me Out to the Ball Game"

This evening Skip, Scooter and I attended the Stitch n' Pitch game at the Rogers Centre. The Jays played the Angels. It was very cool to be sitting amidst knitters in our dedicated section. The goodie bags were pretty good too and the fabric bag alone will be very useful for grocery shopping or to contain more knitting projects. Stephanie was there with most of her family. Sadly, I forgot to bring my camera and my cell phone was dead so I couldn't even take pictures with it. Waaaahhhh!

I took a couple of pictures of the completed Sweet Pea sock:

from above


and from the side



I cast on for the second sock this afternoon so I could knit on the GO train to the game. This yarn is kind of droopy but the sock feels nice on and is snug enough to probably not droop much. This pattern has me hooked on lacework socks. I'm considering doing the Monkey socks from the Knitty.com website soon.

I also cast on for the K3, P1 sock I am knitting for Scooter. I bought some Scheepjes Invicta Extra yarn at Mary Maxim at the Creative Festival in a denim blue colour they call Periwinkle. I thought I would need fairly 'mindless' knitting for during the game. I have 4 1/4 inches (11 cm) done on the ribbed sock and about 2 inches (5 cm) done on the second Sweet Pea sock. It took me a while to find the Addi Turbo 2.5mm needles. I hunted and hunted and searched knitting bags. What I did find was the ball of Tofutsies yarn I had bought at Kniterary back in June that I couldn't find the other day. It is the exact colour of the one I bought the other day. I'm debating taking it back and exchanging it for another colour or another type of yarn. Finally I did find a bunch of Addi Turbo circular needles but I couldn't find the 2.5mm Addi Turbo Lace circular needles I just had the other day. They'll turn up but I don't have a clue where they are now.

I'm going to Sue's cottage on Saturday morning with Nancy - both Gamma Phi Beta sorority sisters from our time at the 'centre of all learning in the universe' - The University of Western Ontario or 'Western' as we call it. We'll have a nice time relaxing, chatting and I'll be knitting.

The caterpillars are growing quickly. One of them likes to cling to the pantyhose I have across the top of the container. I almost drowned him getting him off there today when I cleaned out the container. But when I checked on them tonight, he was up there again. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment