Sunday 23 December 2007

One Down, Two to Go

I spent most of today preparing a Christmas feast. We are celebrating early because Scooter will leave us tomorrow to spend Christmas with his mother. We'll see him again on New Year's Day for the rest of his winter vacation. I did zoom over to Canadian Tire to pick up some more light bulbs for the new chandelier. It poured rain all day - bleah! I'm not happy with the light bulbs. The lights flicker. I'm going to have to test the chandelier with other bulbs to see if they flicker. If they don't, I'll know there's something funny with the new bulbs. If they do, I'll know there's something wrong with my wiring.

Lorna arrived in time to eat chicken, cranberry sauce, green beans, scalloped potatoes, turnip, plum pudding, pecan tarts and cookies. We had a very nice dinner.













It sure was a good excuse to get the house cleaned up.

I spent most of the day on my feet so I'm going to take it easy tomorrow. We go to Norm and Lena's for their Swedish Christmas dinner, Swedish dried ham and all the fixings - a tradition we've participated in since Christmas of 1995. Skip and I will have a lovely quiet Christmas morning and then go visit my MIL in the afternoon on the way to Lorna's for her Christmas dinner. Mmmm - turkey.

Life is sure good.

No comments:

Post a Comment