Friday 19 December 2008

Snow-mageddon

We got a big dump of snow today - probably 8" - 10" with high winds. Skip and I blew out the driveway at about 3pm. It was a good workout. Environment Canada called it Snow-mageddon but I preferred calling it Storm-A-Palooza.

So today was a really good day to stay inside and knit. I finished the Mille Colori Slouchy Mittens - a modification of Vickie and Martina's Slouchy Hand Warmers. In order to have enough yarn to complete a mitten I only did 5 slouches at the cuff and extended the ribbing to the tips of my fingers. Then I k2tog the two knits and p2tog the two purls for one round. Then I k2tog for one round. Then I had 5 stitches on each of the back and front needles so I grafted them. When I finished the thumb, I k2tog the 2 knits and p2tog the 2 purls for the round, then k2tog the next round. Then I pulled the yarn through the remaining stitches and closed the end and wove in the yarn. I bought three more skeins last night to make either a hat or a scarf and decided today to make a scarf as I really don't wear hats.

Last night at the Kniterary pot luck event I purchased a lovely Victoria Sampler hardanger/cross-stitch pattern at Hedgehog Stitchery (Durham Region's finest stitchery shop) called 'Christmas Hearts' and the accessory pack. I look forward to starting it soon.





















This evening I did a quick knit for Lorna for Christmas - a coffee cup sleeve from the Canadian Living website. I knit a few extra rows of stocking stitch and then stitched the word 'café' on it for a bit of pizazz. I did a cable cast-on and the Knit One-Purl One bind off as outlined on the Knitting Help website under Casting Off - about 3/4 of the way down the page.
















I'm hoping to make it to my Zumba class in Bowmanville tomorrow morning. I hope the 401 is well cleaned off. I missed the Wednesday class because of the embroidery guild pot luck so I really want to get there tomorrow.

1 comment: