Tuesday 25 October 2011

Under the Gun

Skip and I have been invited to a wedding which will take place next month. As the couple has had an established home for many years, I have decided to knit them socks for a wedding gift.

I decided to do 3 x 1 ribbed socks. They hug the leg well but aren't too intricate so I can knit them fairly quickly. I spent last night swatching with several needle sizes and finally decided on 2.5mm needles. Today I went through a few UFO sock projects and liberated a 2.5mm circular needle for my project.

I'm liking how the first sock is knitting up.
I have 18 days to finish both pairs - assuming I'll finish them for the wedding. That's 1 sock every 4.5 days. I actually might be able to pull it off!

I like the colourway of the Kaffe Fassett Design Line yarn so much I'm going to try to find another couple of skeins for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment