Thursday 24 November 2011

Rowan Kidsilk Haze Stripe


What happens when you hand Kaffe Fassett a ball of Rowan Kidsilk Haze yarn? You get Rowan Kidsilk Haze Stripe hand-painted yarn at double the price!Wheeee!

This yarn has just been made available in North America over the past month or so.

The striping is very random. There really isn't a pattern repeat in the whole ball! It does take about half the ball before all of the lovely colours are revealed.
And the yarn is so soft! I didn't really find it to be 'picky' at all. Right now there is only one pattern for this yarn on the Rowan website. The same pattern is on the back of the ball band. I look forward to new patterns for this yarn that are scheduled to be released this month.
I have two more balls of it in two different colourways to plan for.

2 comments:

  1. That is one gorgeous scarf Geri!I am knitting with the regular Kidsilk Haze for the first time (I bought 4 balls in Amsterdam). My scarf is Estonian Lace and I am really loving this yarn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twice the price but double the yardage!

    ReplyDelete