Friday 4 November 2011

Yet Another Sock

I finished Shingo's first sock last night.
I used the reinforcing yarn that comes with the Jawoll yarn for the short rows on the bottom of the heel and about an inch of the sole in front of the heel. I only knit it on the sole on every other round. I cut and wove in the ends. Most of the sole was knit without the reinforcing yarn but I started using it on the ball of the foot and again, only on every other round of the sole, cutting and weaving in each time. Once I started the toe decreases I knit the entire toe of the sock using the reinforcing yarn including when I grafted the toe closed. It really looks quite good, if I do say so myself.

I have about 4.5" of the leg of the second (AND LAST of these two pairs of socks) on the needles.

After I finish this one, I need to rip out the toe of the longer of the two Todd socks, rip it back another 1/2 inch and reknit the decreases and graft the toe. Then I'll steam block both socks and wrap them.

Then I'll finish the second of the Embossed Leaves socks and block it.

Skip has informed me he would like me to knit him a pair of ankle socks to wear to bed to keep his feet warm. Each one is like half a sock, right? They shouldn't take too long. I have some stash yarn I can use for them, too.

Skip and I were out today and noted a sign on a boulevard advertising cheap PCs and laptops. We went in the store and discovered a business that receives computers that have gone off-lease and redistributes them for resale at a fraction of the cost. I picked up a Dell Core 2 Duo for $199 and spent the rest of the afternoon installing programs. This evening I tried to post my blog and my browser kept crashing each time I tried to upload the sock photo above. I was not amused. I began uninstalling programs and I guess I uninstalled the right ones because I was finally able to get the photo to load. I'm not sure I'm going to keep the PC. Fortunately there's a 3 month warranty.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment