Monday 13 May 2013

Random Stuff

Last week got away from me. I have started going to the gym again. By the time I get up, have breakfast, get out the door, do the class, run errands on the way home and get home, half the day is shot.

Today I tried to attend my first ever AquaFit class. I got there in plenty of time only to learn the pool was closed of maintenance. Argh! Since I wasn't appropriately attired to work out (I only had my bathing suit on under my clothes), I came home an thought I'd finally take a couple of pictures and get a blog post in.

After being inspired by Alda, I did some cross-stitching last week. I completed the Peacock Feather Eyeglasses case project from the current Just Cross-Stitch magazine.
I used antique white Monaco cloth.
I'm going to make a zipped bag with the zipper along one of the long sides.

I have a couple of other cross-stitch UFOs that I could fairly easily complete in short order and will get at them.

I have knit a hat for my entry for the 2013 Brooklin Fair. I have not had very good experiences entering my hats/tams in the fair in previous years. However, I did see this pattern, the Arabesque hat, from the 2011 Interweave Knits Accessories issue, and was intrigued with the horizontal cable work.

I bought yarn at the Knitter's Frolic specifically for this project - Lady Slipper Alpacas 40% alpaca/ 40% wool/ 20% mohair in the olive colourway.
All wound up and ready to go.
I finished it last night during the PBS show, "Call the Midwife". The lower course of cables appear to run  h o r i z o n t a l l y.
My knitterly friends have suggested that I add a pom pom seeing as I've been beat out several times by hats with pom poms. LOL.

The new headboard for our old bed arrived a week or so ago. I had trouble getting a good photo but this gives you the idea.  There is definitely a 'scroll' theme going on.
The weather has been abnormally cold. The Big City even got a bit of snow yesterday! Our geraniums that have been brought in from the garden last fall, trimmed down to bare stems and nestled under the grow stand in the kitchen, are ready to go back out in the garden.

We'll definitely have to wait a couple of more weeks. The empty tray on the top right is where the cat likes to sleep in the afternoons. However in the mornings, he likes to loll in the sun in the east-facing window.

1 comment:

  1. You are a versatile crafter - this case is going to be lovely. Isn't the weather just annoying - teasing us with great days and then going back to cold cold cold - my kitchen is full of hanging baskets that I bought early (to get the best selection) so now they have to come in every night!

    Your cat is spoilt! How adorable!

    ReplyDelete