Tuesday 1 July 2014

Catching Up

I have been a neglectful blogger thus far this year. I haven't been as prolific knitting-wise so haven't had a lot to blog about. However, lately I have been a little more inspired.

Skip and I had some retail therapy in the greater Buffalo area last week.
On the way there I started a ribbed sock with some stash yarn I bought deeply discounted some time last summer.

We shopped at all our favourite places and in addition to our usual favourite Mexican restaurant on Transit Road, La Tolteca, we learned about another one, El Ranchito, a little off the beaten path on Route 5 (Main St.) in Clarence, NY. It, too, was excellent.

I visited Have Ewe Any Wool? on Route 5 (Main St.) in Snyder and picked up some delicious madelinetosh merino light for the Kirkingwood Paisley Shawl in the Leaf colourway.
I, yet again, swatched for the shawl and finally have decided that 3.5mm needles will work with this fingering weight yarn.

Can you see the nifty paisley feature? Fiona Ellis sure does some lovely work with cables.
I am on row 19 of 70 on the chart - 400+ stitch rows. I have a wedding to attend on July 26 so the push is on to complete this project in time.

We have had stellar weather with occasional bouts of rain. Our garden is very lush. I love the summer.

We went to see if we could get into Mandarin Restaurant (Chinese buffet) as it is free to eat there today for Canada Day if you show your passport, birth certificate or landed immigrant card. Of course, there was a lineup down the block around the corner and down another block.

Skip and I did a drive-by and decided to forego the freebie meal. Besides, it was pouring rain. We have yummy Danforth burgers planned for dinner (beef burger patty, onion, cucumber, tzatziki sauce and feta cheese) in true Canadian outdoor barbecuing tradition.

I leave you with the link for the stirring I. AM. CANADIAN. rant.

Happy 147th Birthday, Canada!
Happy Canada, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment