Friday 18 July 2014

Ribbed Blue-Striped Socks

I finished these last night.
I'd really like them for myself but they are man-sized so some lucky man in my life will get them for Christmas.
I knit 3 x 3 ribbing for 7.5" then an inch of stocking stitch before starting the 'eye of partridge' heel flap.
Then I just knit plain stocking stitch for the foot. It was easy to match the second sock to the first with stripes this narrow.
I immediately cast on another sock with faux fair isle black and grey yarn. As they are for me, I cast on 68 sts on 2.25mm needles. I like the tight, sturdy fabric created with needles that size. I am knitting 2 x 2 ribbing and have half the leg done already.
I don't remember where I picked up this ball of yarn but I have lots more where it came from in my stash.
As I wear a lot of black and grey in the winter, they'll probably be one of the more popular pairs that I wear.
This will be the 8th pair of socks I've knit this year. I'm sure I can crank out a pair for each month at this rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment