Monday 16 March 2015

Be Simple

It took some trial and error but I finally decided what to knit with the lovely Colinette Jitterbug yarn I picked up at The Quilted Skein in La Grange, Texas on the way down here.
The pattern I selected is Carolyn Glauz-Todrank's Be Simple shawl with variations. It is a triangular bias-knit garter stitch shawl with some eyelet detail and will have a picot bindoff on one of the shorter sides.
It is also reversible.
 It is knitting up pretty quickly. On one edge I knit front and back on the first stitch of every row. On the other edge, I knit 2 together every other row.
It's easy peasy and a great use for this kind of multicoloured yarn.

It is similar to the Hitchhiker shawl without the sawtooth edge.  It is also quite similar to the Quaker Yarn Stretcher Boomerang. I think the Boomerang works better with longer colour runs and it's excellent for handspun. I've done one Boomerang scarf with my handspun but I can't seem to find photos of it. I'll have to post pictures of it when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment