Saturday 28 March 2015

More Afterthought Heels

(If you're looking for posts about birds, scroll down to the previous posts)

The closest yarn shop is about 5.5h away by car in San Antonio so I am forced to shop at craft or discount stores for yarn. I had planned to buy some online while we were here but we had a real snafu with an Amazon order so I was mail-shy.

I did have big success with Kroy sock yarn purchased locally and these afterthought heel socks so I went out and bought two more colourways of this yarn - neither of which has the same kind of striping.

I'm almost finished the second sock.
I continued the 3 x 1 ribbing down the instep and front of the foot. I used 2.5mm needles on the leg and switched to 2.25mm needles on the foot for more durability.  It may take a bit of adjusting to get the toe of the second sock to match that of the first one. Then I have to decide which colour to do the heels and exactly where I'll insert them in each sock - probably right in the middle of the darker grey stripe below the green stripe.

No comments:

Post a Comment