Wednesday 20 April 2016

Speedy Spinning

Last week, I started spinning this multicoloured fibre that I had acquired at Rhinebeck 2015.
It is 70% Alpaca/ 20% Merino/ 10% Silk and drafted like a dream. I was particularly drawn to the colours.
Wanting to keep the integrity of the colours, rather than barberpoling, I chain-plied the singles. I got it all done in one session.
This 103g skein yielded 246 yard of yarn.
Jen1 and I are heading to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival in a couple of weeks. I will be taking inventory of my stash before we leave. It is very humbling to note how much beautiful fibre and yarn I already own and helps me rein in my purchases at the festival.

I have many, many skeins of my handspun containing between 200 - 300 yards in each colourway. Mo gave me a great idea to find yarn the same weight that matches one of the colours. Then I can use my handspun for decently-sized items with two colourways. I will be on the lookout for coordinating yarns while I shop at the Frolic in a week and a half, and also for patterns suitable for two colourways.

No comments:

Post a Comment