Saturday 27 August 2016

Framed Sampler

One of my stitching friends collects antique frames and then sizes her stitchery to fit the frames. I thought that was a great idea. Having the frame ahead of time would certainly entice me to finish my projects and get them on display.

My recent completed piece, a garden sampler, measured 5" x 12 3/4" so I needed a frame about 7" x 14". The perfect commercial frame was one that would fit 3 - 4" x 6" photos. I'm very pleased that the one I found had a couple of colour choices. I went with the brown wood look rather than black.
It took me a while to figure out where I was going to sign it.
I just need to get a nail and hammer in the same room as the piece and get it on the wall.

I'm prepping the fabric to do another piece from the same book. I have everything I need so I just need to edgestitch the fabric and get everything in one place to take to the cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment