Wednesday 10 August 2016

Olympic Stitching

I was glued to the Republican and Democratic conventions for 2 weeks and now, the Olympics. I have done quite a bit of stitching.

I am 99% finished The Pastoral.
I still have to do some backstitching around these wings to make them stand out a bit more from the fabric.
I was inspired to do French Knots on the sheep after seeing the same technique on a cross-stitch piece at my friend's place last week. I love the contrast in texture.
I'm in the process of finding a frame for it. I bought one yesterday but it isn't right. I'll take it back and pick up another. This time I'll take the cross-stitched piece with me to measure before purchasing.

I started another sampler during the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. It is from The Prairie Schooler No. 45 - Garden Sampler. I bought the chart on a trip to Cape Cod in 1994 and stitched the right hand one for a friend shortly after. I'm stitching the middle one now.
I like it because it mentions birds and flowers. Both things my husband loves.
I had all but 7 of the colours in my floss stash so purchased the missing ones yesterday. I'm also on the lookout for a frame for this one. It's stitched on 32 count Belgium linen over two threads. I have enough left to do another of the samplers.

I haven't done a lot of knitting lately. That reminds me, I do have some more sample knitting for the upcoming cruise. I'd better get cracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment