Tuesday 27 September 2016

Business Casual

I finished the second sock while watching the Clinton/Trump debate last night.

I re-knit the toe of the first one to make a longer sock.
This is very close to the true colour.
They look like monochromatic argyle socks.
And were much easier to knit than argyles would have been in the round.
I tried shooting them with various backgrounds.
And couldn't decide which looked better.
So I've included them all.
I would definitely knit this pattern again. It was easy to internalize and was perfect for the many hours I sat on planes and in a bus while I was in Iceland last week. Solid or tonal yarns would set the pattern off beautifully. I used 2.5mm needles and cast on 72 sts for the leg. After turning the heel, I decreased to 70 sts for the foot as I hadn't taken a 2.25mm needle on the trip. I usually go down a needle size to make the foot a big snugger. It reduces shifting of the sock on the foot in the shoe, hence wears better.

No comments:

Post a Comment