Monday 26 September 2016

Flight to Iceland

(This was my first attempt at posting while on our holiday. The photo wouldn't upload so I had to wait 'til I'm home to post about our tip. This should have been before the Reykjavík post).

Skip and I flew to Iceland overnight two days ago. We arrived at 6am and got to our hotel in downtown Reykjavik by 8am. Thank goodness our room was ready for us. We crashed for a couple of hours then headed out to explore. We visited Hallgrimskirkja, the tallest structure in Iceland - a beautiful Lutheran church. In front is a big monument to Leif Eriksson. We had another nap then met our tour group for a visit to the Blue Lagoon - a huge, volcanic, thermal spa that is a big tourist attraction.

On the plane on the way over, I cast on a Business Casual sock with Malabrigo sock yarn in the Persia colourway. The pattern was really easy to internalize. I've been working on it during the various lulls in the activity.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! you really conducted an exhaustive survey of the knitwear! Great to see so many lovely examples.

    ReplyDelete