Tuesday 28 March 2017

Stitching Sheep

Last June, Jen1, Barb, and I popped into a stitching shop in Cambridge on the way to our knitting class in Kitchener with Kate Atherley. Barb and I both bought 'Sheep in the Meadow' by Country Cottage Needleworks.  I started it back home and tossed it into my craft suitcase when I was packing for our trip south. After stitching almost a dozen biscornus, I picked up the sheep project last night and stitched the sheep and a bit of the grass while watching TV
When I was at Judy's Stitchery Nook in Harlingen a couple of weeks ago, I bought a smaller version that was actually published 3 years later (2013) and has slightly different colours.
I like the yellow flowers and blue house. I'm going to use those colours on the larger project instead of all that lavender colour. We're going to Harlingen again on Thursday with our birding group so we'll stop into Judy's again so I can pick up the threads I need and possibly a lighter-coloured linen fabric for the smaller project.

There are DMC equivalents for the hand-dyed threads but I like the look of the hand-dyed ones on big expanses like the grassy area. I spent an inordinate amount of time on Pinterest last night looking at potential projects. And people wonder what retirees do with all their time...

It's 28C out. The swimming pool calls...

No comments:

Post a Comment