Saturday 19 May 2018

Royal Wedding Luncheon Celebration

Marilyn invited Sheila and me to a luncheon at her home yesterday in anticipation of the Royal Wedding.

She prepared a lovely light lunch for us.


Celebratory selfie.

We toasted the bride and groom with Prosecco.
 Sherry was available after luncheon.
We had a lovely time eating, drinking, and chatting. I did some stitching - finishing the wrapped bars and dove's eyes on the pincushion top of the test piece.

All the test pieces are stitched now. Next will be backing the openwork, then stitching the pieces together and stuffing them.

I got up at 6am to watch the wedding this morning, taking my pillow and blanket down to the couch downstairs. Of course, I enjoyed the music, and didn't find the service to be extraordinarily long. It seemed to go without a hitch. It was a lovely event.

No comments:

Post a Comment