Wednesday 14 November 2018

A UFO that is L O N G overdue

I've been trying to sort out stuff from the closet in my craft room/office. Yesterday I unearthed this ornament I started stitching for a former colleague almost 20 years ago. It only took me an hour to finish the stitching. Today, I made it into an ornament.
I didn't have any appropriate Christmas fabric that looked right for the back, but this turquioise fabric in my stash was the right colour. The pin in the bottom is to camouflage the beginning and end of the gold cording. The gold cording has been in my stash so long it still has the 'White Rose' sticker on it. They've been out of business for over 20 years.
I'm going to put it in the mail tomorrow.

We are getting quite excited about our upcoming stitching retreat. There have been emails back and forth among several of us: what we're bringing to stitch, eat, knit, demonstrate, etc. Tomorrow is my last day to get everything ready to go. The dining room table is covered in projects, project bags. lamps, needle cases, embroidery hoops, etc., etc. It's going to be a very fun weekend where we each get a room to ourselves and don't have to plan, prepare, serve, or clean up after meals.



No comments:

Post a Comment