Friday 9 November 2018

Wool Appliqué

Next month, a bunch of us are taking a wool appliqué class at the Quilter's Cupboard in Uxbridge.

Yesterday we went up there to pick our patterns and fabrics. Marilyn and I selected a fairly small pattern (8 1/2" x 8 1/2") from Buttermilk Basin.We then picked the colours of felt. The grey-brown at the top came from Alda via Jeanette.

I have printed the template onto freezer paper which I will use to cut out the pattern pieces. I have ordered micro serrated scissors especially for cutting the wool. I hope they come in soon.

Next Thursday I am heading up to Elim Lodge for our stitching retreat. On the way I will be stopping in at From the Heart in Bethany and Craftworks to do some shopping.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever been to Fergusons in Myrtle? I love that place.
    My daughter took a gang of us from Peterborough to Quilters Cupboard last year. I had died and gone to Quilters Heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just at Ferguson's last week! We are really looking forward to our wool appliqué class next month.

      Delete