Monday 2 August 2021

Another Jolly July Finish

 Yesterday on the Zoom chat with my stitcherly friends I started this ornament - 'Poinsettia' by Punochka from the JCS Christmas 2020 issue.

I had all the cross stitching done by the time we ended the call. Last night I HotFixed the clear 'jewels' onto it where the individual white cross stitches were to go and added the Mill Hill gold beads called-for in the pattern.

My pile of FOd ornaments is growing. FFOing is in my future.

Today during my Monday morning Zoom call I began stitching this week's Steady Thread Blackwork SAL flower - thistles.

I had to pick out my first attempt where I had started one stitch to the right of the middle. I picked the same colours as someone else did on the Facebook page DMC 553 and 3815.
Its little section of the garden:
What I've completed thus far:
Only 17 more flowers and I'll be done. We have 20 more weeks of them and I have a couple in reserve from the outer border that I could modify to fit one of the inner areas.

Once done, it could fit into a 12 x 12 frame. 

A bunch of us are meeting up at a local park to stitch over lunch for a few hours this week. It will be so nice to see people in person other than dropping things off at peoples' homes or having quick visits when they drop stuff off at our place.

I need to get another stitching project going so I'll have something to work on at the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment