Tuesday 26 October 2021

It's Been A While

I finished the model I was stitching for Teresa Kogut and am ready to mail it to her. I can't show it to you yet as it will be part of her new releases next March at Market in Nashville. Once I think I've finished stitching something, I take a photo of it and look at it closely a little while later. It then go over the pattern and see if I've missed anything. Yesterday I found about 4 things I'd missed so am glad I took the time to check it.

I did go back to my Steady Thread SAL garden of flowers project after leaving it for about a month. This week's flower (Week 43) was roses. I had no trouble selecting the colours.


I have a few to catch up on and some decisions to make about what substitutions I want to make. I'm not doing the outer border so I can substitute any of those flowers for some of the interior ones. The graphs just need to be re-jigged a bit.
Only 8 more weeks to go on this!

I have a bunch of projects I want to start or work on. Last night I started Cecilia Turner's 'Winter Cardinal Etching' and got the cardinal finished using DMC 115 - my favourite variegated red floss. I cut out the darkest threads and only used the brightest. Now I'm doing the trees.
I'm stitching 2 over 2 on 36ct white linen from my stash. I've had the little piece of linen ready for months and kitted the project up last week. The finished piece only measures 3" x3" (7.5cm x 7.5cm) and fits nicely in a 10cm x 10cm frame which I already have in my frame stash.
I'm so excited to be going away this weekend for a stitching retreat at Elim Lodge. It's actually a quilting retreat but they needed extra bodies to make up the minimum number. So about half of the 21 or 22 attendees will be quilters and the other half will be stitchers. I am taking as many UFOs as I can locate and plan to do a rotation throughout the weekend. 

We each get our own bedroom and most get our own bathroom. We eat together in a dining hall. Because of COVID we'll be wearing masks except when we're seated for meals or seated at our work station in the hall. Rather than buffet-style, we'll be served farm style - bowls and platters will be put on our tables of 6 - 8 diners. Basically it's three days of stitching fun, inspiration, snacking, and relaxation.

StitchNorth has also been recheduled for the first weekend of April 2022 at long last. With room capacity limitations only 160 are going to be registered but if capacity limits lift (and they are scheduled to next March here in Ontario) at least 100 more stitchers will be allowed to attend. I anticipate seeing some FlossTubers whom I've followed, spend three days stitching, shopping at the marketplace, being inspired, and generally having a wonderful time. Poppy is going to be my roommate and Jeanette and Barb got in from the wait list. We're going to talk it up at Elim this weekend and see who else thinks they might want to come.

Today is a grey, rainy day. I'm still in my jammies as I write this at almost 1pm. Tomorrow should be nicer so Skip and I are going on a little day trip to get out of the house, enjoy the scenery, and do a little shopping.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment