Thursday 6 July 2023

A Quick Stitch and Addition to Fabric Stash

I've had this little chart for quite a while and kitted it up with the DMC equivalents and a couple of substitutes the other day.

It's really little and finished to about 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" on the 36ct Picture This Plus Bramble linen. I used two strands because I wanted the lettering and squares to appear a bit raised. It took me a while to figure out why it was called Le Poulet (the Chicken) - all I saw was the alphabet and little squares. FINALLY I noticed the bird on the bottom right. D'oh!

Then I had to find some coordinating fabric as I wanted to make it into a little pillow or pincushion.
I found the perfect thing. I had exactly nine 2 1/2" squares left over from another project that were the perfect colours. I sewed them into a nine patch.
I quilted the back a bit and sewed it to the front. Oops! it's a bit crooked. Oh well.
It's all ready for stuffing. I now have to decide if I'll use polyfil or sawdust.
I have really enjoyed making the wee quilted pieces so will take another look at my Pin Pals book and see what else I can make.
Country Concessions in Cooksville ON had a free shipping sale on Canada Day weekend. Minimum order was 0.5m. I ordered a few Morris & Co. or Morris inspired fabrics to add to my collection.




This fabric was on sale for $2/ 0.5m so I ordered $4 worth. I think it will go with a lot of other neutrals I have.
I'm also trying to decide what fabric to use for this project. It needs to be a small print.
Will dive into my stash again...

No comments:

Post a Comment