Monday 16 June 2008

Latvian Moon Cross

Today I finished Dagmara Berztiss' 'Latvian Moon Cross'. It was really quite easy and really fun to knit. I probably should have used the recommended 4.5mm needles because using my 5mm needles, it's about an inch too tall and potentially too wide. I could also frog it and knit it again with the 5.0 needles and omit the moss stitch frame inside the garter stitch. We'll see when I assemble all the squares.
















I learned how to round a curve with cables. I am continuing to become more and more proficient doing cables without a cable needle.

I'm going on a car trip for a few days leaving on Wednesday. I think I'll do the Susan Rainey square (the one with the sweater) and do the stockinette background on the road.

Another one I plan to complete soon is Ann McCauley's 'Bobbledy Aran' Square.

Fiesta, a multi-cultural festival in Oshawa, began today. Skip and I had lunch at Poznan, a Polish pavilion. We had shish kebab, pierogies and cabbage rolls. For dinner we went Greek. I had a chicken souvlaki dinner and splurged with dessert having galaktoboureko (a custard pastry) and a baklava.

Tomorrow we're dining at Budapest. There's some goulash and a cabbage roll waiting for me. We will be having lots of salads on our trip to compensate, I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. You've got gorgeous cablework there!

    ReplyDelete