Last year, Barb and I became intrigued with stitching Hapsburg lace. It is done on monocanvas with perle cotton. We found this project on Tanja Berlin's website and ordered the kit which included the pattern, the canvas, and the bell pull hardware.
I enthusiastically started it when the kit arrived and in fairly short order got all the 'snowflakes' done. It then went into a project bag where it sat for over a year. I even took it to Texas with me last January in hopes that I would finish it. All that needed to be done was the snowflake border and FFOing it with the hardware.
Siobhain had also done this project, so on one of our visits in the park she mentioned she had bought blue fabric to back it with and had extra she was willing to share with Barb and me. I was overthinking the finishing instructions that came with the pattern, so when Siobhain told me how she had done it, much more simply, I had the confidence to do it myself.
I finished the snowflake border last night and this morning I cut the fabric, backed the piece, cut the edges and folded them to the back and threaded the ends through the bell pull hardware.
Another project is fully finished.