Monday 8 April 2024

Eclipse Day

There was tremendous hype about today's solar eclipse. We were in the area of 99% but it was pretty cloudy. 

I didn't have anything fancy rigged for taking photos but at one point the sun tried to peek through the clouds so I was able to get this shot on my iPhone. 

Very different conditions from the last partial eclipse we experienced in 2017.

We watched the CBC coverage from Niagara Falls, Sherbrooke PQ, Woodstock PE (it was great seeing Jay Scotland again). Heather Hiscox did a really good job excitedly covering the event for about 4 hours - interviewing folks and introducing the various reporters across SW Ontario and eastward. The crowds were so excited and for the most part they all got a good show. In spite of the fact we were a bit out of the area of totality, it did get very dark at about 3:30. 

Of course, at about 6pm, the sun came out and shone brightly but the eclipse was long past. I was very happy for the folks who travelled to see the eclipse. It will be something to remember for always. Next one in our area will be in about 20 years. Not sure I'll be around to see it.

Progress has been made on my Live on Little. I got the sailboat done and have begun the water on the left side. I can do the filling in between the waves while I'm watching TV in the evening.
I also got the nautical flags of my initials done. Each letter of the alphabet has its own nautical flag and the designer, Paulette Stewart, charted them to include with the pattern.
I would love to have it finished by our June guild meeting to put in the TATA but I'm not sure I'll have it done and framed by then.
There's still the rest of the waves and water, church, Canadian flag, bird, some 'stars', and details to fill in on the mermaid, fish, whales, and lobster. And I have that model to do for Pansy Patch Quilts and Stitchery to finish, hopefully by the end of this month.

Skip's CT scan results weren't ready last week because of the Easter holiday. We go back this Wednesday to find out how he's doing and if/when treatment will commence again. 

The Peterborough Fibre Arts Festival is this Saturday. A bunch of us will be heading there for it. 'Twill be a fun day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment