Thursday 14 March 2024

A Day of Sloth

Yesterday was a PJ Day. I'd had an upset stomach in the middle of the night and slept late. I didn't have any errands to run so completely took it easy. Of course, I completed another puzzle.

It was very enjoyable because each cupcake was a little puzzle on its own. I sorted by colour as it came out of the box. One pile for edge pieces and other piles for each colour. There were only about 40 brown pieces (table top) to figure out at the end.

The previous couple of days I worked on a 1000 piece puzzle that I had purchased at Giant Tiger. It was of Cinque Terre in Italy but the picture on the box was only about 8" x 8" so it was really frustrating trying to match puzzle pieces with the microscopic photo. I completed the sky, then the water, then all the buildings. I gave up trying to do the green hillside and put it all away. I don't even think I'll donate it as it would frustrate anyone else as well. The 500 piece puzzle from the same company was much more manageable.

Then I cooked a delicious HelloFresh meal which we ate before I took any photos. I forget the actual title but it was roasted porkchops with a glaze of apricot and mustard on spring mix with clementines, radishes, seeds (pumpkin, sesame) and goat cheese with a vinaigrette dressing.  I would definitely make this recipe again.

After supper I did some work on the model I'm stitching for Pansy Patch Quilting and Stitchery. It's #6 in the Houses on Wisteria Lane series. I'll be doing #7 as soon as she finishes the design. They'll be released in June. Lori had exciting news when she dropped off the kit - she's going to be one of the featured designers at the Jingle Ball (a fun, festive, online stitching retreat) this December! We had a good chat about her Market experience near Nashville at the beginning of March.

I have been doing quite a bit of fill-in on my Live on Little while watching TV at night. I got most of the water around the mermaid done.
I got the basic vine of the border done down the left side.

There's still the big sailboat and all the water around it to do in that big open space on the lower left (above the mermaid and whales). 

Today I got out of sloth mode and did some overdue housework. I'm itching to get back to stitching.

Happy Pi Day, y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment