Thursday 6 May 2010

On Hold

I have finished all the knitting I can do on St. Moritz until the ball of Telemark yarn arrives from KnitPicks so I can finish off the last sleeve.


So I've been working on a helmet liner. Elaine was knitting one and inspired me. It was a good excuse to try out the Cascade 220 Superwash yarn. It's perfect for the project. It's warm, has enough yardage, is 100% wool and is washable.














 

Skip says I look like a terrorist.

The pattern is acceptable for both American and Canadian armed forces. The yarn must be 100% wool and only the colours of black, charcoal, brown, tan, grey or combinations of these colours are permitted.

The basic pattern was designed by Bonnie Long but it has been 'tweaked' based on feedback from military personnel. E-mail heather@yarnnook.com for Bonnie's original version with Heather's revisions.

The revised pattern has one more inch of ribbing on the neck and more decreases in the ribbing around the face to tighten it up, I suspect.

When I dropped into Kniterary yesterday, the Red Bird Knits sock trunk sale was there!









When I saw it up at Never Enough Wool, I bought the Latvian Dances pattern and yesterday I bought the Filigree pattern. I cast on the Latvian Dances sock again, this time using 2.75mm needles. I will assess whether they're big enough after I finish the Latvian Braid and see if I can fit it over my heel.

And look what came in the mail today!

They're my entry tags for the Homecraft competitions at the upcoming Brooklin Fair! Last week I told the Kniterary gang that if I won a rosette ribbon, I'd bring in treats to Knit Night.

I'm starting to get excited...







Only two more sleeps 'til the Knitter's Frolic!

1 comment:

  1. I have no doubt that your beautiful knitting will win ribbons Geri! I luv Red Bird Knits and I have bought both patterns and yarn from her in the past.
    See you at the Frolic!

    ReplyDelete