Thursday 18 November 2010

Selbu Gloves

 I finally finished these Selbu gloves - modified Annemor #17 from Terri Shea's "Selbuvotter: Biography of a Knitting Tradition".
The pattern calls for the fingers and thumb to have a chevron pattern.
But I carried the diamond pattern onto them instead.
I like how they turned out, I'm just not that fond of having to knit all those fingers.
They are nice and warm because of the double thickness of yarn.
Do you like how the palm pattern continues onto the inside of the thumb? I love the look of that.

I ♥ Selbu patterns but my next gloves will be i-cord gloves.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! The pattern carrying up like that is beautiful. I hear ya about knitting the fingers. It's one of the reasons I haven't knit gloves. looks fiddly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! What yarn and needle size did you use Geri?
    Can't wait to hear more about your I-cord gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the detailing on these gloves! Almost makes me want to abandon my lace knitting for color work. Alllllmoooost.... Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa - those gloves are astounding! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gloves. I just found your blog doing a search on Selbu gloves... I'm working on and am about done with a pair of mittens myself. I'm inspired to knit another pair after seeing yours. I must say I was intimidated by the fingers, that's why I started with mittens. I love knitting these though!

    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete