Sunday 10 July 2011

Lots o' Fun

We had an enjoyable and busy weekend. On Friday, we had our friends, David and Susan, over for dinner. I have been doing a lot of late 'spring cleaning' and finished things up for their visit. I spent the day shopping, baking peanut butter cookies (which I forgot to serve), prepping things for dinner, etc.

After dinner we went to see the new movie Woody Allen wrote and directed, "Midnight in Paris". It stars Owen Wilson in the characteristic Woody Allen role, Rachel McAdams, Kathy Bates and the first lady of France, Carla Bruni. It was an interesting premise, very Woody Allen-ish in style and overall very delightful. The sound-track was also great.

During dinner and after the show, we discussed the next cruise holiday we want to book and David and Susan are keenly interested as well.

On Saturday, Skip and I got up early and took the GO train into The Big City to go to the one theatre that is showing the 3D documentary "Cave of Forgotten Dreams". It is about a cave that was discovered in 1994 in France that contains the earliest cave paintings ever discovered dating back to 30,000 - 32,000 years ago.

Before that, we went to Romni Wools so I could see if I could get the Malabrigo sock yarn to finish the Maia shawl that I've been working on.
Huzzah! They had the colourway I needed and it was a close enough match to the one I already had. While there I grabbed a couple of balls of sale sock yarn to knit a baby sweater for one of Skip's nieces. While paying, I was very pleased to learn that everything was 20% off because of the TTC Knitalong.

We had lunch across the street (Queen West) at Harlem and then walked to the theatre on King West just east of Mountain Equipment Co-op.

While walking along Queen, I spotted this eponymous laundromat.
After the movie, we walked to Brookstone Place to have a light dinner at the Marché (formerly Mövenpik Marché, formerly Richtree). Then we hopped on the GO train and were home by 6pm.

Today we stayed home.

I didn't do any spinning today. However, I did work a bit on the baby cardigan with the sock yarn. While I was working on the yoke portion of the top-down raglan sweater, I realized that even though it is a baby's sweater, because of the fingering weight yarn, it will probably have as many stitches as an adult cardigan. What was I thinking? I could have purchased DK weight yarn. Oh well. I'm only 6 rows away from where I put the sleeve stitches on waste yarn and join the fronts to the back to knit the rest of the body.

Although I haven't been the best blogger or spinner lately, I have been getting a lot of housework and organizing done. Believe me, it's been long overdue.

Scooter is with us as he is attending summer school to upgrade one of his Math marks. I think it's going OK and he's free at 2:15pm each day. He'll be done a week Tuesday and FREE for the rest of the summer.

I've also been working on the Slippery Socks and am about 20 rows from finishing the leg and can start the heel. Maybe I'll post some knitting photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment