Monday 1 August 2011

Playing with Yarn - A Pictorial Story

This is spun from some Corriedale fibre. I plied it
and painted it yesterday with russet, spruce and 2 shades of chestnut.
Here it is in a nice skein.
Then I re-skeined it because I love how it looks when it's all blended.
Then I wound it into a centre-pull ball.
I knit the first of this pair of mittens - Cruiser by Cailyn Meyer.
I kept weighing the ball of yarn to make sure I had enough for both mittens. Yay! There's more than enough for both.

2 comments:

  1. I love that! I have a skein of yarn from my first dye class that I don't like the look of, but now I wonder what it would look like if I reskeined it. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adriene, re-winding the skein will give you a good idea of what the yarn will look like when knitted. It randomizes the colours nicely.

    ReplyDelete