Saturday 13 October 2012

Shawl Collared Cowl

I have started 3 of Alana Dakos' 'Shawl Collared Cowls' after seeing one at Soper Creek Yarn on Saturday.

On the first one, I used Bergère de France Merinos doubled. I'm about half done.
On the second one, tried timiQuipa, 100% baby alpaca, doubled (no photo yet). I'm hoping I won't run out of yarn.

While in Newmarket yesterday for a sewing class at The Quilt Store, I wandered into the back into The Yarn Store and found some Debbie Bliss Paloma, an i-cord type yarn consisting of 60% baby alpaca and 40% merino wool. I used that yarn on the Shawl Collared Cowl III and finished it this evening.
I modified the pattern somewhat by doing a garter stitch edge to prevent rolling, K4 P1 and one less K4 P1 ribbed section. I had the perfect buttons in my stash.

Today, Jennifer and I ventured to the Woodstock Fleece Festival. We had lots of fun. I snagged a couple of colourways of Malabrigo Sock Yarn - Solis and
a new colourway, Ivy. Both are superwash merino wool.
And at the Turtlepurl booth, there was a lovely Holden Shawlette on display in a beautiful plum-coloured tonal yarn. But alas, there was no more of that colourway in stock so I bought the more purple, Inner Peace colourway instead. It is 75% superwash merino, 20% nylon and 5% stellina (sparkly stuff).
I have my Holden Shawlette underway and have several repeats of the increasing stocking stitch to do before I start the eyelet border.

I need to have a couple of projects ready to take to Rhinebeck on Thursday. It's about an 8 hour drive each way and the three of us will be sharing the driving. We'll each have 5 hours and 20 minutes to knit in the car each way.

5 more sleeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment